After an excruciating drive home yesterday from Lakeside, Michigan, we arrived home around 3 pm CT. Lost an hour when we crossed the eastern time zone and then lost another hour due to Daylight savings time. All in all it was a very successful trip and I was able to complete 3 Drone jobs and do some quick sightseeing in Chicago with my youngest son Aidan. The trip all came together in less than 24 hours and turned out to be one that we wont soon forget.
I have a few observations from the road that I want to share:
1. I get stressed on Turnpikes and Toll Roads in the Midwest. Who the heck carries cash with them anymore? I have never rifled through my spare change compartment so fast when approaching a toll booth. Cant you all get with the times and convert to "We will mail you a bill" toll booths.
2. Indiana is about the most Rural place I have ever seen, and I am from Texas.
3. Who knew that Snow Flurries look very similar to Cotton floating in the air. (Told my son there must be cotton planted in Michigan because it seems like there is a lot of it in the air....and no I wasn't drinking.)
4, Notre Dame wasn't all that impressive, or at least the campus layout. I have always thought it was so beautiful when watching the football games. Bubble burst.
5. Parking in Chicago for less than an hour will cost you more than your Deep Dish Pizza from Lou Malnatis.
6. I never knew there was a whole different world under the city of Chicago. We ended up driving under the city for about 20 minutes because we were enthralled by the sights and work that was being done under the city. It was like a whole different world under there.
7. The Major online Music Store "Sweetwater" has their one and only store, Office Building, Warehouse, Diner, Theater and Coffee Shop in Ft Wayne, Indiana. Not sure why it was there but I thank the Music God's for placing it there while we had 1 hour to kill before our next job.
8. I have an infatuation with Barns.
It was a very successful trip. There were no accidents or tickets and I was able to capture Aerial Video and Aerial Photography for Cheddar's restaurant and put together a Real Estate Profile package for a gentleman in Lakeside, Michigan, whose property was right on Lake Michigan. Check out some of the photos from our trip and let me know if you might be interested in any of the services that I offer. Its pretty clear that I am willing to travel to you!